is a "Bayfield 25" cruising sloop.
We have really enjoyed exploring Southeast Alaska during the
past four years. Now we are ready for a bigger boat and so we
were happy to find someone who will enjoy "Darshan"
as much as we have.
- Key Features of the Bayfield 25:
- shallow draft - means you can get into sheltered anchorages
and close access to shore
- light weight - means it is easy to handle, especially
nice when docking
- trailerable - means you can store out of the water for
the winter, or move to another cruising area (like Atlin
Lake, or Gulf Islands of BC)
- exceptionally functional layout (see
- sleeps 4
- folding dining table
- stove, heater, kitchen sink, enclosed head (toilet),
- cabin / reading lights, kerosene lamp
- ample storage for food and gear
& profile views of layout.
- perfect for longer voyages around
southeast Alaska - whale watching, Hoonah, Juneau, White
Sulfur Hotsprings, Glacier Bay, etc (see
- "Darshan" includes:
- four sails
- mainsail (with colour-coordinated sail cover)
- roller furling 100/110% headsail
- spare "hank on" 80% jib
- asymmetrical spinnaker
- telescoping whisker pole
- custom canvas dodger
- new upholstery & carpet
- depth sounder
- VHF radio (older, but quite functional)
- removable compass, with light
- inflateable dingy with oars and outboard motor
- swim / boarding ladder
- anchor with ~20 ft galvanized chain plus ~200 ft nylon
- life ring
- Man Overboard (MOB) marker buoy
- mosquito netting / skylight for companionway
- boat hook, mooring lines, fenders
- 1989 Trail-rite trailer
- apparatus for manual lifting, stepping and unstepping
of the mast (including demonstration video!)
- built in Bayfield, Ontario Canada - 1977
- 25 feet length overall, 8 feet beam, 3 feet draft
- engine - Yanmar YSB8 single cylinder diesel (very economical
- about 0.6 l/hr)
- dual 12 V deep-cycle batteries
- stove - 2 burners, propane (with leak detector)
- radiant heater - propane (with leak detector)
- fresh water tank ~40 l (ie ~10 US gal)
- diesel fuel tank ~40 l (ie ~10 US gal)
layout and manufacturer specs.
- Some photos while underway near Skagway 1,
(courtesy of Boris).
- A collection
of photos from some memorable cruises!.
can download the "Sailboat For Sale" poster (1 MB)...
* Apparently the name "Darshan" may be loosely translated
from Sanskrit as "Gift from God".
us for more information.